Girl Pic

daisy dreaming....

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My fancy DIY bulletin board

I've been working on our office for a few months now. I wanted a fun cork board for my wall to fill up with inspirations, my new Paper Source calendar and miscellaneous reminders. I knew I didn't want your run-of-the-mill bulletin board. I had the idea after seeing a fabric board at my local Home Goods and thought, "hey, I can do that". My desk chair is blue and pink with nail heads, so I wanted to try to match it. I went and bought a basic bulletin board (why are they so expensive? this one was just under $30) from Office Depot, a yard of linen, tacs and wa-lah!


I will say, it did take FOREVER to push in all the tacs to look like nail-heads. My fingers were a little sore after, but it was worth it! I'm so happy with the way it turned out and can't wait to start to fill it up!

I also had the idea to glam up the push-pins. This was super easy...all I did was glue on rhinestones to the heads and look how fun these are? I was thinking of doing a few hot pink ones as well.


Here is a picture of how the office is coming along. Look at my cute new pillow I just got on clearance from Anthropologie! Maggie snuck into this picture! I'm planning on changing the lamp shade on the table lamp to bring in some color to that side of the room.

I will have more posts to come on our office as we work to finish it. The total cost of my bulletin board project was just about $40!

2 comments:

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Hi Kelsey, Your office is looking pretty nice so far! You should set a tab aside with pictures of it so people can look through it...when it's all decorated of course. :))
Enjoy your week!

daisy dreaming said...

Hi Jen! How nice to see you here! :) I am emailing you a question regarding your comment...if you get a chance to get to it, I'd appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...