Girl Pic

daisy dreaming....

Friday, January 21, 2011

play mat becomes an incredible rug

People are so darn creative. I am just in love with this idea that I came across today via Design*Sponge. One of my favorite things to look at on the Design*Sponge blog are all the Before & Afters. I love to see old things re-invented or just creative uses of everyday things. For those of you who like Ikea, the IkeaHackers blog is really fun...when Micah moves to a big boy bed, there is a great idea that I'm going to do for a bedside table that I got from this site.
Check this out....Sarah from Sarah.Wandering this gal used one of those standard, ugly (sorry moms, but they aren't cute) jig-saw puzzle foam mats that you get from Toys R Us, Target, or any other big box store. She completely re-invented it and painted it (freehand) so it looks like an amazing rug! She posted all the DIY instructions here.

Images via Sarah.Wandering

I'm trying to go through my house in my mind to figure out where I can do a project like this...too bad I have mostly carpet. I am thinking a fun spill-mat in the kitchen for Drew could be fun since it's almost time to start solids (how did that happen?).

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...