Girl Pic

daisy dreaming....

Monday, March 28, 2011

Chandelier

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was pretty productive. I got started painting some of my Craigs List chairs since my upholsterer is coming to get them this Saturday. As you know, I'm in the process of re-decorating my dining room. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with my chandelier. It's one of those non-special, huge chandeliers that came with the house...never been a fan of it, but it did the job. I was hoping to save some money and just switch out the light bulbs, give it some paint and be done with it. Keep in mind my dining room has like 30 feet tall walls, so I was not eager to have to get scaffolding just to take it down and install something new. This was my inspiration, seen here on Design*Sponge: On Saturday I finally made it to Home Depot and got the globe bulbs. I was really excited to get home, install them to see how fabulous it was going to look. Well, it was not cute. Even my husband said, "I do not like that at all". I agreed. Now to begin a search for a perfect chandelier. I remembered awhile back seeing a chandelier I had liked by Troy Lighting. I went to Lighting Universe to see if they still had it in stock....they did (yay), but the price was still way too much (b00)! It was listed online anywhere from $560 - $600 in all the google searches I did. Here is a picture of it...isn't it fab?
Photo courtesy of Lighting Universe
Since I didn't put anything into a "chandelier budget" into my project, I knew I had to get creative. I looked at a lot of the standard sites and even ebay...no luck. None were big enough for my space or just way too expensive and lacked personality. At about 10 p.m. last night, instead of going to bed, I decided to just jump on Craigs List to see if they had anything remotely cute. I had one of those no way!!! moments. I typed in "chandelier", clicked search, and the 3rd one down was this VERY chandelier (above) listed for $300! I coudn't believe it. Apparently this person bought it, decided they didn't like it and couldn't return it for some reason. I emailed the seller and I am now a proud owner of this amazing chandelier for the bargain price of $250!!!!! Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE Craigslist? My whole dining room is turning into finds from there! Anyone else addicted to CL or have any fun finds they want to share???

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...