Girl Pic

daisy dreaming....

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Easter Time, already???

Is it just me or is 2011 flying by? Easter was always one of my favorite holidays growing up. My mom is a super-talented writer and every year, we would get poems or riddles in our eggs that we had to solve in order to get our present! She retired the poems many years ago, but as a special request, I asked if Micah coulg get his first poem last year. Here it is:
CONUNDRUM FOR MICAH JAMESON: To be attempted by his father...

Will you be a Bronco or a Charger fan?

That is the question for you, little man!

Maybe to be safe, just answer "I don't know",

Or be a half-breed...a Bronc-er or a Charge-o!

Whatever the case, be wise as a fox,

But for now, we'll let you walk in your Boulder ________!
For those of you who couldn't figure it out (it's okay, Jason didn't get it either), the answer was Crocs! Isn't my mom talented? I keep telling her she needs to write a children's book one day. I can't wait to see what Drew's first poem will be this year (that is a hint, mother, if you're reading...)! Last year, we went to a sunrise Easter service on the beach...gotta love San Diego! It was beautiful and Micah had lots of fun digging in the sand. We had my family over for an early Easter dinner. Spring is an amazing time at the floral trade center. My brain goes into over-drive. In general, pastels aren't my cup of tea, but I really had fun with this palate. Check out the table... I used two varieties of tulips, anemones, ranunculus, sweet peas, and feverfew. It smelled amazing! I had some leftover fabric laying around that I turned into placemats and tied the napkins with the scraps. It was a very easy project that you could easily use wrapping paper or even wallpaper. The china is from my grandma's wedding! I also used little doilies as a runner. Feverfew is one of my all-time favorite flowers. Who doesn't like mini daisies? Anything miniature is cuter anyway. They remind of one of my favorite scenes from Emma, when she realizes she loves Mr. Knightly. Gwenyth is picking daisies in the field waiting for his return. When she gets he-loves-me-not, she calls them "a drab little flower". I was really into baking and decorating cupcakes last year. I made these Easter basket cupcakes for everyone to take home. I found the idea on Bakerella's website. Aren't they cute? I'm not sure what my decor will be this year. Heck, I don't even have a dining table right now...better get on that! Anyone have any ideas they want to share for their Easter table?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...